Thursday, January 8, 2015

Baby Fever





         Alas! Feast your eyes on this delicate beauty! Months ago I took photos for one of my Best Friends' newborn, AKA my beautiful God Daughter. She was one month and I had been itching to do some newborn photos since my friend had told me she was pregnant. I had wanted to her to have a boy since she already has a daughter. The anticipation of finding out the sex of the baby is such along wait, so to keep myself occupied, I went on the Pinterest hunt for baby boy poses and props. There were so many cute poses for baby boys that link them to daddy. AND THEN... we found out the baby was a girl! AHHHH! I was in shock. I really thought she was goint to have a boy but at the same time I was incredibly excited for her to have a girl because I have 3 nephews. Buying girl stuff would be such a refreshing change. Tutus, Bows and sparkly EVERYTHING! How can it get better. But of course, I was going to be happy with whatever God would bless her family with.


        As Preparation for the photo shoot, I bought (& brought) quite a list of things. I'd read to make sure to have something to use as light reflectors (I had car windshield heat reflectors; the silver side would have worked if I had ended up using them but the lighting was perfect naturally!) I also read in colder weather to have a heater going to keep the room cold to prevent a fussy baby. I also got a cream-colored knit blanket and a furry bath rug from target. I even went as far as painting my own back drop. I asked a guy at the farmer market if i could have a crate, which I sanded down smooth and slightly stained. I got a chalk board plaque from michaels($2.99) and wrote "Alexia is One Month."  Aaaaand, just like that the itch for the baby photoshoot was gone & I think the photos came out just too dang adorable!!



No comments:

Post a Comment